Sunday, July 22, 2012

Rainy Day

After giving us a day to sleep in and searching for free wifi in old Nice, our group boarded a charter bus for a small hilltop town. On the way up, it began pouring rain. We were planning on going to a museum, but gave up on the idea with the rain. Instead, we waited out the rain in the bus, and got off to explore the town.

My friends and I found a cafe and ate crepes and sandwiches. We wandered around the town for a little while and then settled down in our meeting spot. It threatened to rain again, and we continued to wait. Once the group was all together and heading back toward the bus, it began to pour again. Never have I ever experienced such a downpour. The walk wasn't far - maybe 3 minutes - and we were all absolutely soaked.

Once home, we all stayed in. The rain, thunder, and lightning made outside uninviting. My friends and I ordered sushi for delivery from Planet Sushi, our new obsession. We ate it on the floor of my room again and watched our old favorite SNL skits. One of our teachers, Cyriel, joined us for sushi. Aside from being caught in a storm today, today ended up being relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment