Saturday, July 28, 2012

Italy

Today, we had a "super secret excursion" planned. Unfortunately the rumor had leaked that we were going to Italy, so the secret was not as super as originally planned. At 11:00 AM this morning we boarded a bus for San Remo, Italy!

It didn't take long to get there, and I didn't even realize we crossed the border. I suppose all of the countries are so close they don't make a big deal out of border crossing. Upon arrival, we walked to a beach club. They had kindly set aside 32 chairs for our group, so we put down our stuff. My friends and I headed out to find lunch, and wound up and a quaint and very delicious restaurant not far from the beach club. I ordered classic spaghetti with tomato sauce. It was absolutely perfect and simple, a traditional italian dish.

After lunch we wandered back to the beach club and spent the rest of the time there. It was a beautiful day, although most days here have been absolutely gorgeous. The water was very shallow and a nice temperature for cooling off. I began reading Travels With Charley for school as I laid in the sun. We all made a few trips to the snack bar for sparkling water (the best we'd ever had) and Magnum ice cream bars.

Our day came to a close with dinner. It consisted of focaccia, pesto pasta, and tiramisu. It was another traditional Italian meal, and a perfect way to end a long day in the sun. After dinner we had to make a very quick run to our bus. Most of us fell asleep on the way home, but we were allowed free time in the residence once we arrived home. I spent the remainder of my evening with my 4 closest friends: Kara, Alie, Sophie, and Jake.

Tomorrow marks the last day of our trip and I am so so sad. I honestly wish we could extend this trip for another month - or maybe two. I absolutely love it here and it's going to be so sad leaving Nice as well as all of my new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment